Expat Chinese – Teaching Chinese the Western Way
Expat Chinese offers high quality Chinese lessons and courses in Guangzhou and online around the world. If you live in Guangzhou or want to study Mandarin online – we have the best solution for you.
The only Chinese language center in Guangzhou that is founded and operated by a professional foreign Chinese language teacher.
Expat Chinese was founded in 2017 to answer the calling for more high quality Chinese education that fits the needs of foreign students, especially those used to Western style teaching and learning.
We teach Chinese the Western way!
Sara Jaaksola founded Expat Chinese after receiving her Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language and Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language. She wants to teach Chinese the way foreign students learn best, by undersanding the language and answering all the ‘why’ questions students love to ask.
I always want to give student the reasoning behind what we teach. Not just simply saying “Tha’ts why Chinese people say”, but to truly helpig students to understand the reasons why. Our students ask some of the most trickiest questions and our job is to help them find the answers!Sara Jaaksola, Head teacher & Founder
What do you get as a student?
- Study Chinese the way you learn best, we combine the best of Western and Chinese teaching methods! We are ready to answer your “why” questions.
- Be sure that your needs are heard! At the beginning of our courses each student does their own Study Plan and needs analysis. In the middle and in the end of the course feedback is gathered and courses improved.
- Easy communication with your teachers. All of your teachers speak a high level of English! Our teacher team is also constantly improving our skills in Japanese and Korean.
- Free consultation at any point of your studies. Expat Chinese founder and head teacher Sara Jaaksola is avaialble to discuss your studies, goals and needs. She will offer her expert advice of learning Chinese for 10+ years and teaching for 5+ years.
- Twice a month Chinese Corner! Come and practise your skills in a fun environment with games, quizzes and role play.
The founder and head teacher of Expat Chinese since 2017. Originally from Finland and moved to China in 2010. Has a Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese.
Teacher Nina (left)
Passionate teacher who has traveled the world to more than 30 countries. Used to teach Chinese in Iran. Has attended a training course for Teaching Chinese. Joined Expat Chinese in 2020.
Teacher Kathy (middle)
Patient teacher with a vast experience. In charge of our students in Panyu Clifford. Has attended a training course for Teaching Chinese. Joined Expat Chinese in 2019.
Teacher Ye (right)
Energetic teacher always pursuing for more education. Has a Bachelor Degree in Teaching Chinese and will receive her Master’s in 2022. Joined Expat Chinese in 2018.
Our services to you
Click the links on the left to get more information on our Chinese lessons.
Private lessons offline and online, group lessons and WeChat lessons.
Address and Contact
City Center: Zhujiang New Town, GTLand Summer Plaza, Tower D, 15th floor
We also have a teacher in Clifford, Panyu.